PROPS Resource and Workbook (Digital Version)
The Resource and Workbook offers tools and strategies for developing self-reliant and resilient dancers. Teachers can optimise success by creating a safe learning environment so dancers can experiment and take risks while developing their artistic individuality.
The teaching strategies presented in this Resource and Workbook will ienhance students’ emotional well-being while progressing technique and artistry. Teachers help students take responsibility for their own progress and develop consistent performance.
This training develops student’s self-awareness, self-knowledge, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to take responsibility for learning
- The ability to make good decisions when autonomy is offered
- The skill to drive progress and steer practice
- Resilience in the face of challenges
The workbook includes 3 sections:
1. Setting the stage: Ways to prepare for psychological skills learning in the ballet studio.
2. Teaching strategies: How to create a culture for learning psychological skills.
3. Resources: The theoretical foundations for the strategies.